Engage International Customers with the Best Document Translations Services
Stepes (pronounced /’steps/) provides linguistically fluent, technically accurate, and culturally competent document translation services to the world’s leading companies in engineering, medical, financial, technology, legal, automotive, and manufacturing industries. We help turn our clients’ document translation spend into strategic investment for fast global growth in over 100+ languages.
Fast and Professional Document Translations You Can Trust
Backed by our ISO 9001 quality certification and industry leading document translation solutions, Stepes helps the world’s leading companies deliver multilingual technical information to international customers and partners. We have thousands of professional linguists and subject matter experts specializing in a variety of industry fields to provide linguistically fluent and technically accurate documentation translations on time and on budget. We understand every aspect of the document localization process and work with the latest technology tools to deliver unrivaled translation efficiency regardless your document formats: Word docs, single source FrameMaker files, DITA CMS, InDesign IDML, or Madcap Flare.
Stepes has redefined the professional document translation process using our modern online localization model. Instead of waiting for 24 hours or longer to receive a document translation estimate, you can now drag and drop your files onto our online portal for an instant quote. Upon your approval, our pre-approved linguists begin working on your translations right away. Stepes supports translation memory and terminology management so we can always deliver the most precise translation at highly competitive costs. Whether you need translations for your product user guides, business contracts, training manuals, financial or legal documents, we have the subject matter expertise and linguistic excellence to deliver best-in-class localization services, 24/7.
Accurate Document Translations in 100 Languages
Our highly trained professional native translators and multilingual subject matter experts understand the importance of linguistic accuracy and technical precision when it comes to our clients’ document translation needs. Combining our powerful terminology management solutions with Stepes’ proprietary multilingual document processing technology, we are proud to serve the world’s leading brands with superfast and high quality document translations around the clock.
How Does It Work?
Stepes has greatly simplified the document translation process so you get your documents translated with quality and speed, at a fraction of the cost of other translation agencies. Follow these steps to obtain fast and professional document translation services from Stepes.
Upload your document(s) and specify the target language(s).
Get real time translation status online or on your smartphone.
Download your translated documents instantly online.
- Drag and drop your document files (MS Word, InDesign, PowerPoint, or FrameMaker) onto our online translation portal here. You can also send your files through email or a file transfer website.
- Specify the target language(s) as well as your industry/subject matter field (you only need to do this the first time as the system remembers your preferences.)
- Stepes TMS will automatically extract the text from your documents, leverage existing TM (translation memory) to provide you with a translation quote in real time.
- Review the dynamically generated quote and confirm the project. For first time customers, you need to specify a payment method.
- Next, Stepes assigns our pre-approved translators with the right subject matter expertise to begin translating. We support online terminology management so your documentation is translated with linguistic consistency and technical accuracy.
- Stepes performs post-processing and multilingual DTP (desktop publishing) so the translated documents are professionally formatted for publishing.
- Download your translated documents with the click of a button.
Stepes automatically saves all translated content so the same sentences are never translated twice for both time and cost savings.
We Translate These Documents
Stepes translates all document types and formats such as Microsoft Word, PDF, InDesign, FrameMaker, XML, PowerPoint, and more.
- Owner’s Manual Translation
- Business Document Translation
- Legal Contracts
- Annual Reports
- Financial Statements
- Online Help Localization
- License Agreements
- Elearning and Training Materials
- Product Catalog Translation
- Policy Manuals
- Regulatory Filings
- Product Guides
- Operating Instructions
- Reference Manuals
- HR Handbook
- Legal Document Translation
ISO 9001 Certified Document Translation Services
Stepes is the leading translation company providing high quality and certified translations for a variety of technical documents including user manuals, financial contracts, help systems, legal documents, training manuals, medical information for use (IFU) and other technical content. We employ the best linguistic quality assurance processes backed by our ISO standards and years of experience in the translation industry.
- We're proud to help the world’s leading companies translate their technical documents into 100+ languages with speed, accuracy, and competitive pricing.
- Our domain specific language and subject matter experts understand your specialized industry needs to produce linguistically fluent and technically accurate translations every single time.
- We automate the document translation process using our industry-leading AI powered, online localization workflows to deliver the fastest document translation services demanded by today’s digital economy.
- We offer free and instant document translation estimates online so you never have to wait to know the cost of your document translation projects, allowing you to get faster translation turnaround times.
- We support cloud-based translation memory (TM) management so you never have to translate the same sentence twice, allowing for improved linguistic consistency and reduced language translation costs.
- 5-Star document translation services. We work 24/7/365 so your document translation requests are always met with the most professional service, regardless of the time or day.
Technical Accuracry Achieved with Speed
Stepes is powered by one of the world’s largest cloud-based terminology management systems with millions of terms in all major industry subject fields and 100+ languages. Terminology management allows our linguists to consistently and accurately translate words that are critical for meanings of your technical content. On top of that, we hire the best professional linguists with deep subject matter expertise to work on all of your document translation projects.
Agile Translations The digital economy has fundamentally changed customer expectations for speed. Fast document translations are no longer measured in weeks or months. Instead, they're now required in days or even hours. Document sizes are increasingly becoming smaller as agile and iterative development methodologies take center stage. This means document translation services must be agile and operate around the clock in order to deliver just-in-time and always-on language solutions that meet today's digital translation requirements. Stepes has developed industry-leading cloud translation memory (TM) management capabilities that take a fraction of the time traditional TMS systems use to process translation leverage, leading to significantly faster document translations. Our AI-powered and highly automated localization workflow removes unnecessary human touch points associated with the outdated translation models to delver better linguistic consistency, while reducing overall translation costs. Stepes helps our clients go to global markets faster than ever.
Medical Document Translations
Stepes provides ISO certified document translation services for leading life sciences companies in pharmaceutical, medical devices, healthcare, biotech, and CRO industries. We translate a variety of medical documents, including IFUs (information for use), informed patient consent documents, medical device user manuals, clinical protocols, healthcare training manuals, and much more. Our highly streamlined document translation solutions are designed to automatically process content developed with all major technical authoring tools such as Microsoft Word, FrameMaker, InDesign, and Google Docs for the best localization efficiency. In addition to text translations, our medical document translation services also cover screenshot capture and image localization.
Financial Document Translation Services
Stepes helps leading financial services companies translate technical documents between English and European and Asian languages with accuracy and speed. Stepes has thousands of professionally trained native linguists and subject matter experts specializing in a variety of financial services disciplines such as investment banking, corporate finance, insurance, and international accounting. We translate virtually all types of financial documents such as banking statements, balance sheets, accounting documents, investor annual reports, shareholder reports, and financial training manuals. In addition to financial document translation services, Stepes also provide professional DTP (desktop publishing) services to format the translated document in all languages.
Legal Document Translations
Are you an international law firm or corporate legal department in need of expert legal document translation services in Chinese, German, Japanese, or Spanish? Then you’ve found the perfect partner for all of your legal document translation and localization needs. We have expert legal linguists between English and over 100 other languages who are supported by our industry leading translation technologies to consistently deliver high quality legal translations competitively. Stepes translates all kinds of legal documents such as business contracts, privacy policies, GDPR compliance, patent documents, and litigation support materials. To learn more about our legal translation solutions, please click here.
Multilingual Desktop Publishing
Stepes works with a variety of desktop publishing tools such as Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, or MS Word and MS PowerPoint to format the translated documents so they look just as professional as the source documents. Our experienced desktop publishing specialists are adept at working with international typography (sans serif, SongTi, HeiTi, etc.) and page layout conventions (such as A4 versus US Letter page sizes.) We provide our clients with print-ready materials in any language and any file format. From marketing brochures, posters and product catalogs to promotional material, we deliver both low-res PDFs for electronic distribution and high-res PDFs for printing presses.
We work with these desktop publishing software: Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, FrameMaker, QuarkXpress, PageMaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Document Translation Quality Assurance
Stepes only works with professional native translators, with subject matter expertise, for all of our document translation projects. Each document translation project is carefully reviewed to ensure the highest level of linguistic quality and technical accuracy. We use a number of industry metrics to measure our translation quality such as J2450 and Dynamic Quality Framework (DQF). Stepes is the first platform in the localization industry to introduce a translator accountability initiative so our clients have a chance to rank the performance of our translators.
Stepes is backed by the world’s largest multilingual terminology management system—TermWiki Pro, with millions of terms pre-translated in over 1,700 industries and subject matter fields. Whether it’s medical, IT, finance, legal, or manufacturing, we have the industry expertise and mature localization processes to ensure the most accurate translation results.
Translating Documents with Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word has come a long way since its early days as a word processor. It’s now the leading technical writing tool widely used by technical writers and documentation managers in developing user manuals and instructional materials. Stepes translation management system is able to process all versions Word documents (.doc and .docx, including files with conditional text using fields) for the most efficient localization workflow. Our system is able to produce automatic project quotations, translation in context, and final translated output with layout. We have expert experience producing localized TOC (table of content), index, as well as graphics and screenshots.
InDesign Document Translations
Stepes processes all versions of Adobe InDesign documents for professional translation and localization in over 100 languages. Our translation tools are able to extract text content from InDesign files (IDML) dynamically and leverage existing translation memory and terminology so our professional translators can confidently translate your technical documents with the best linguistic accuracy, consistency, and localization speed. Stepes provides quality and competitive DTP services for localized InDesign files. Simply upload your InDesign files here to receive an instant translation quote.
Google Docs Translated Right
Google Docs allow multiple team members to collaboratively create and edit shared documents in real time that can be conveniently managed in an online environment. More and more businesses today require document localization services involving translating Google Docs projects. Since Stepes is also an online translation platform with both web and mobile support, it provides an ideal solution to translate Google Docs with the bests localization efficiency, on both desktop and mobile devices. You can drag and drop you Google Docs files or send us a link, we will take care of the rest.
Localizing FrameMaker Documents
Before XML authoring gained popularity in recent years, Adobe FrameMaker was the de facto standard for enterprise technical authoring. FrameMarker offered a variety of authoring capabilities such as single source and structured content development which made it ideal for content reuse and collaborative authoring for businesses that employed a team of technical writers. Stepes has the end-to-end translation solutions to localize FrameMaker documents to all Asian and European languages. We regularly translate FrameMaker documents into over 100 languages. Click here to get a FrameMaker translation quote.
Madcap Flare Document Translation
Does your company use Madcap Flare for your document authoring? Then you’ve found the perfect language services partner to translate your Madcap Flare online helps and product documents into all other languages. Stepes has excellent experience working with Madcap Flare projects. In fact, we were the first translation company to solve the double-byte language indexing issue with Robohelp, the predecessor of Madcap Flare. We can process your Flare files natively, or work with the output you generate using Madcap Lingo. Talk to us today for a customized Madcap Flare translation solution.
Translating XML DITA
XML authoring has now become the industry standard for enterprise documentation development. Compared to traditional authoring tools, XML DITA systems use a topic based approach for content creation that maximizes content reuse, resulting in significant cost savings for subsequent translation and localization. Furthermore, XML DITA documents use standard HTML codes for content formatting allowing companies to save on DTP costs. Stepes process XML files for translations in all language. Better yet, we have translation APIs that can integrate with our clients’ CMS system directly for a fully automated document translation workflow.
Translation with CMS Systems
Content Management Systems (CMS) allow companies to most efficiently manage the entire life cycle of technical information development. More and more companies employ CMS tools to manage their website content, printed documents, downloadable PDFs to provide customers with technical information when and where they need it. Stepes has experience working with customers who employ a variety of CMS systems for content translation and localization. We also provide fully automated translation process with 3rd party CMS systems. Talk to our sales today for a customize solutions for your CMS translation needs.
Online Help Localization
Stepes is the language industry leader for high quality online help system translation and localization. We have localized numerous help files for a variety of software products including in-context helps. Stepes works with virtually all help authoring tools on the market, including tools that allow the output of content into both online help and printed PDF files. In addition to translation, Stepes also provides our clients with localized help testing so the translated helps fully function within the localized OS platform. If you need a quote to translate your online help files, please con.
8 Tips To Translate Your Documents Fast with Quality
Experiencing poor document translations that are costly and taking forever? Then try these 8 tried-and-true tips to improve your document translation services with reduced costs and time-to-market.
- Create a multilingual glossary of frequently used terms such as product names and industry technical jargon. Inaccurate or inconsistent terminology translations usually account for 80% of all document translation quality issues. In addition to ensuring technical accuracy, proactive terminology management will save the time each individual linguist has to spend for terminology research during translation, leading to faster project turnaround and reduced overall costs.
- Use translation memory. Translation technology has come a long way to improving efficiency while reducing projects costs. Translation memory is the practice of storing all translated sentences in a database so they can be reused or recycled during subsequent translation efforts. With translation memory, the same sentences are never translated twice, reducing translation costs while improving linguistic consistency.
- Flatten documents before sending them to your translation vendor. Single source publishing using Conditional Text (or Fields with Microsoft Word) is a good practice for creating source documentation for multiple product models, but the dynamic text with Fields can cause translation issues leading to incorrect results. Always output the final document by inserting dynamic text to remove the Fields before translating the document to prevent costly translation rework.
- Avoid using PDF as source document. Many companies send out PDF files to their translation vendor because it’s the easiest thing to do. Although PDF’s are quite portable which can be easily exchanged with 3rd party partners, it presents many translation issues. This is because PDF files have lost the native formatting structure that defines sentences, paragraphs, headers and footers, and font styles. To properly translate a PDF file, the translation software has to first perform a document conversion process (such as converting the PDF back to Word). Like OCR tools that convert scanned documents into editable files, the PDF conversion process invariably loses some of the document structures resulting in poor translation results.
- Use modern authoring tools such XML DITA for your document creation and subsequent translation. Modern CMS (content management system) supports agile and topic-based authoring that’s easy to manage and allows better content leverage in collaborative authoring among your company’s technical writers. XML is also perfectly suited for today’s digital and online content distribution ecology. Since XML (XLIFF) documents separate formatting from the actual text content, they’re the ideal format for the most efficient translation process.
- Use simple English. Train your writers to write using simple sentences that can be easily understood and translated. Avoid using complex sentences with long clauses because while such sentence constructs may work in English, they can cause translation issues in other languages.
- Reduce your document size. The typical user manuals have come a long way in terms of word counts. Studies show that much of the content associated with large documents is rarely read. Translation projects are priced based on word count so document size has a direct impact on your translation expense.
- Last but not the least, work with a reputable translation services provider that has the experience and language technologies to ensure the best translation results. Modern translation services have migrated online so make sure your translation company can provide instant online quotes, support cloud-based translation management and offer on-demand translation services 24/7.