Stepes is a dynamic and innovative company that prides itself on delivering top quality language translation services. Our goal is to bridge language barriers, one step at a time, making communication more accessible and efficient for everyone.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in managing, processing, and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions.
- Process and monitor incoming payments and secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
- Prepare bills, invoices, and bank deposits.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Conduct account research and analysis, particularly on overdue accounts.
- Engage in consistent collection efforts and customer communication.
- Prepare and present reports detailing accounts receivable status to the finance department.
- Maintain accurate records of all accounts receivable transactions.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Collaborate with team members to meet and surpass company financial goals.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field is required.
- Proven working experience as Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Specialist or similar role.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Proficient data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks).
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Stepes is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.