Stepes is a fast-growing language translation company that uses the cloud to deliver the best enterprise translation solutions with efficiency and scalability. We are looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer to ensure Stepes’ intelligent translation management system is robust and available 24/7 to support our customers’ translation needs. The Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for running, maintaining, managing, and supporting the infrastructure powering the Stepes cloud solutions. The Cloud Operations Engineer will work closely with the development team to analyze and improve current systems and help design and test new solutions. The candidate should have strong experience working with AWS and building infrastructure that scales, as well as troubleshooting performance issues.
- Implements and reviews mission-critical change requests related to the infrastructure
- AWS Infrastructure administration
- Monitors and configures the system of hosting infrastructure
- Configures backup servers and performs scheduled backups
- Assists and administrates the configuration of the network devices (firewall, switches, etc.)
- Deploys and configures Servers (physical/VM)
- Coordinates with projects stakeholders to complete project delivery
- Prioritizes and responds to incidents
- Proactively outlines, installs and documents deployment of new software/hardware
- Strong operational security awareness and the ability to continuously improve security and compliance procedures.
- Cloud-native programming experience (such as AWS Lambda) is a plus
- 5+ years of related experience
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, Remote work is a possibility
Education: Bachelor of Science or equivalent
- You will contribute to the technical development of Stepes’ language service offerings for our enterprise customers
- Your primary responsibilities will be to manage the AWS Cloud Environments to support our ongoing translation project management operations.