Stepes is looking for native English and Chinese linguists with a passion for gaming who have experience localizing games from either Simplified Chinese or English into their native language.
- Familiar with the gaming industry, passionate about playing games
- Experience and understanding of the most popular game genres in China, including MOBA games (League of Legends, Dota 2), RPGs (WoW), battle royale games (PUBG), and survival horrors
- Able to localize games for a native-speaking audience using established gaming terminology
- Possess strong writing skills in the target language (English or Simplified Chinese)
- Possess a deep understanding of the culture/pop culture of your native country
- Creative writing experience is preferred as translating games requires a high degree of imagination and style
- Familiar with the use of CAT tools including SDL Trados, MemoQ, etc.
- Able to handle a large volume of work and meet sometimes tight deadlines